Saturday, January 2, 2016

Green can be GLAM?

Yes, the car was parked, and it was cold - red nose.
So green, clean beauty can be glam after all, huh? I love that I can help show people that there are TONS of high performing clean beauty products, and even more I have yet to discover. Today, I woke up at 7:30 am and had about an hour to get ready to head to work. I did the usual; said goodbye to morning breath, washed my face, applied moisturizers, and spent entirely too long finding an outfit. The next 5 minutes yielded the messy braid you partly see thrown into a low messy bun {one of my favorite quick styles}, and I had around 15 minutes left to do my makeup. Any longer amount of time spent on makeup, and I'd have to skip my morning coffee, which come on guys, that would have just ruined my day... Needless to say, this look is quick but looks well put together. Here's the simple tutorial:

    Prep:
  • + I wash my face with Aleavia prebiotic cleanser, you can purchase it here ($20) and use the amazing Organic Bunny's code "organicbunny" to save 20%: guys, I LOVE this cleanser. I just reviewed it in my last post along with two other skincare must-haves. 
  • + I then tone with a self made toner - 2 tablespoons of Bragg's organic raw apple cider vinegar, mixed with 1/2 cup of water, poured into a spray bottle! (super cheap, easy, and effective)
  • + I follow my toner with a small amount of 100% organic argan oil for continuous moisturizing throughout the day! I purchase mine on Amazon, here. 
  • + I then use my 100% pure moisturizer, found hereand lastly, their coffee bean eye cream for my under-eye area! 
    Makeup: 
  • + Foundation: 100% Pure Healthy Skin foundation in white peach ($42) - (review found here from a previous post) 
  • + Concealer: Hynt Beauty's Duet Perfecting concealer ($24 + free shipping) in light. I used this under my eyes, on my chin, and to cover any blemishes. 
  • + Contour: Kari Gran Mineral Foundation in number 6 ($25) I had this beauty from their foundation sample kit ($10 + if you decide you want to purchase a full-size they'll credit you the $10). I decided to make good use of this darker shade as a bronzer and used it to contour in the hollows of my cheeks, around my temples, and underneath my jawline, and it has lasted ALL day ~ 8:20am - now 6:40pm
    • + Note: I've never been a mineral foundation girl, but if I was a fan of loose foundations, Kari Gran would be my go to. It provides light to medium coverage but it is buildable, plus it's "free of talc, synthetic fragrance, dyes, parabens, nano particles, bismuth oxychloride, and animal testing." 
    • + When I use this product, I usually transform it to a "liquid" by adding a drop of argan oil to a small amount of foundation, and that's worked well for me and gives a nice medium coverage with a very natural finish {that trick could be used with any loose product}. 
  • + Blush: 100% Pure Cheek Tint in pink grapefruit ($25) - (review found here from a previous post)
  • Highlight: Vapour Beauty's Halo Illuminator ($36) - {they do offer an affordable sample program: details about that as well as a full product review found in a previous post, here}
  • + Eyelashes: Physician's Formula Organic Wear mascara ($10) I applied two coats! This mascara is good for the price, but it wouldn't be my first choice in terms of performance {it does flake and transfer some - you can see that some in the photo}. It's a great beginner mascara for anyone transitioning into green beauty due to it's price point. 
  • + Eyeshadow: Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette in shades strange, trick, and liar {ironic names?}  ... I know, I know. It's toxic, but I personally wear eyeshadow maybe twice a week so it's one of my last conventional products I have to replace. If anyone has suggestions of affordable but performing natural/organic eyeshadows, help your girl out! 
  • + Brows: Bare Minerals Brow Powder in auburn. ($11) I love this product, but it's also getting replaced when I find a good alternative.
  • + Lips: Honest Beauty Organic Lip Balm ($9 for a three pack) as a base & 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Lip Gloss in pomegranate wine ($18 - but they run promos often in which this is a free gift with your purchase) this gloss is one of my favorites by far. It smells great, and is a beautiful sheer red shade that has decent wearing time for a gloss. 
That's it loves! Hope you enjoyed.

Stay beautiful. 
xoxo, Holly 

2 comments :

  1. Lovely post! You are glowing! I Haven't seen anyone use or talk about the Kari Gran Minerals, only ever the skincare. I make my own mineral foundation, blush, bronzer, setting powder, highlight, and eyeshadows, and use those so I don't really know much about mineral makeup brands apart from Alima Pure. I also use the trick of mixing my mineral powder with a facial oil and love it! I also used the PF Organic wear mascara, both the Jumbo in the green tube and the original in the brown and green tube and it was okay. It did transfer too. Have you tried Pacifica or LillyLoLo? I am quite interested in this cleanser you talk about! I do oil cleanse and love it, but occasionally like to try out a cleanser. I am enjoying your blog! I look forward to your new posts and catching up on those you have written! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, thank you so much Ashlynn!! I think its incredible you make all of those products yourself! You should consider starting a line :) that's truly so awesome! But I do enjoy the Kari Gran minerals, they have a good line, I want to try some of their blushes soon! Yes, I love mixing facial oil with products, it makes application a breeze. I haven't tried the Pacifica or Lilylolo but I've read and heard amazing things about the latter! I also have heard Hynt Beauty is one of the best green mascaras, so I plan to purchase and review that soon, I will definitely keep you updated. The cleanser is awesome, and I think after using Organic Bunny's discount it comes to right around $20, and it's a product that will last a while, especially if you don't plan to use it every day. Thank you again for the comment and the encouragement! It means the world!

      xoxo, Holly

      Delete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink