Friday, January 22, 2016

Date Night Makeup Idea


Hello, loves! Today I uploaded a tutorial of this look on YouTube, and I'll share that below for anyone who would like to watch {subscribe to my channel please!}. I wanted to share this look for those of you who enjoy reading about them more than watching a tutorial! My prep steps have changed a bit, I no longer use the Foreo Luna Mini. In fact, I returned it because after a few weeks of use, my skin seemed to have some type of reaction, to the silicone I'm guessing. So, back to old fashioned cleansing for me!

   Prep:
  • + I wash my face with Aleavia prebiotic cleanser, you can purchase it here {$20} and use the amazing Organic Bunny's code "organicbunny" to save 20%: guys, I LOVE this cleanser. I reviewed it in a previous post along with two other skincare must-haves. 
  • + I then tone with my self made toner - 2 tablespoons of Bragg's organic raw apple cider vinegar, mixed with 1/2 cup of water, poured into a spray bottle! {super cheap, easy, and effective}
  • + I follow my toner with a small amount of 100% organic argan oil for continuous moisturizing throughout the day! I purchase mine on Amazon, here. 
  • + I then use my 100% pure coffee bean eye cream for my under-eye area! 

  Makeup: 
  • + Foundation: NU Evolution Cosmetics Full Coverage Foundation in 101 {$47} - Aurora Beauty offers a great sample program, see my previous post here for information on that and a full detailed review of this foundation. 
  • + Concealer: Hynt Beauty's Duet Perfecting concealer ($24 + free shipping) in light. I used this under my eyes, on my chin, and to cover any blemishes, set under eyes with Silk Naturals Brightening Concealer in #2 {$6.50} - replacement for Anastasia banana powder, and it's a perfect dupe! 
  • + Contour: Silk Naturals Bronzer in tahiti sweetie {$6.50} - this brand has an INCREDIBLE price point guys. I recently did a haul video on my YouTube channel so check that out if you want! 
  • + Blush: Silk Naturals Blush in afterglow {$6.50} - dupe for NARS orgasm blush, and I am loving this stuff, it has quickly become my every day blush choice
  • Highlight: Silk Naturals Highlight in cherub {$7.50] - 
  • + Mascara: 100 Percent Pure Fruit Pigmented Mascara in black tea {$25} - this came in my Purebox I received for free from them, and it gives great length and volume, but, unfortunately, it flakes and smudges on me
  • + Eyeshadow: Silk Naturals {all $6.50} - gifted as a base and along lower lash line, brown sugar on my outer corner, caliber in the transition area, Pacifica Palette in love {lightest shade of the trio} on 2/3 of the lid, and Silk Naturals highlight in cherub on the inner corner
  • + Eyeliner: Pur Minerals dual end liner {toxic, not listing link}
  • + Brows: Silk Naturals Brow Cream in light brunette {$6.50} - so impressed with this! 
  • + Lips: Honest Beauty Organic Lip Balm ($9 for a three pack) as a base & Silk Naturals Organic/Vegan Lipstick in XXX {$5.75} in LOVE - basically I loved everything I ordered from them. 

Thanks for reading! Hope you all enjoyed, and here's the link to my video for the look above: Simple Glam. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day & have a great weekend loves! {snow day/weekend here} I'll be back soon. 

Stay beautiful. 
xoxo, Holly 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink