Saturday, February 6, 2016

MOSS Skincare Review

One word - merveilleux 
photo from MOSS

Modern Organic Sacred Skincare 

I originally saw moss products on Instagram, and I immediately began following the account when I found out this green beauty line was geared specifically towards acne prone/inflammed skin. Upon visiting Celestyna's {moss skincare creator extraordinaire} website I was absolutely amazed to learn that she has skincare not only geared toward acne but she does NOT group "acne" into one large category like so many other lines. Instead, products are geared towards subgroups such as

1. oily, unbalanced skin, blemishes 
2. very sensitive skin, rosacea, eczema, inflammation 
3. hormonal, cystic, &/or adult acne {the first two in this category = my EXACT struggle} 
4. blackheads, congested, dull/rough skin 
5. acne scars, dry, damaged, &/or aging skin

I began reading every detail of every product within her line trying to decide what I wished to try first {so many products to choose from}, and I decided to begin by trying her sample program which offers 3 samples for $20. The products I sampled were the 1. clear canvas sensitive skin facial oil {from subcategory 2}, 2. salvation ultimate perfecting balm {found in the hormonal acne zone}, and 3. beurre céleste honey oil cleanser + mask {the sister (non-vegan) product to the vert pur cleanser from  subcategories 1, 3, & 4} If you're as intrigued as I am, feel free to visit her website which is full of knowledge. Celestyna's passion shines through in both her website and her products. Let's get to the product reviews -

  • 1. Clear Canvas Sensitive Skin Facial Oil {$70} - a beautiful facial oil made of 5 simple ingredients and therefore well suited for extremely sensitive skin. This oil was a dark brown color with a hint of green, and upon application you were surrounded by a rather strong, but not over-powering, earthy scent that is a little hard to describe. I found the scent to be quite relaxing, and a small amount of this oil went a long way. My skin happily soaked in this product {sadly my sample lasted only 3 uses}, and it was left feeling well nourished and moisturized. Celestyna also offers what she calls an absorbing serum that helps the oil left on your skin absorb better into a dewy finish vs an oily finish {hoping to sample soon} Overall, I really enjoyed this product but, although my skin is sensitive, I think it could use a little stronger oil so I plan to sample the Clear Resolution Balancing Facial Oil due to my problematic areas. If you have extremely sensitive skin, eczema, or dermatitis this would be such a perfect, gentle, yet effective product for your skin.

  • 2. Salvation Ultimate Perfecting Balm {mini $48, full $110} - I could talk about this product all day. I have been so self-concious about my skin during the last month or so after an extremely bad breakout occurred all on my chin and jawline due to trying either a new cleansing method or sampling so many different products. I'm not positive what exactly caused it but my skin erupted into a ton of small, raised bumps, some of which were inflamed. I immediately stopped trying so many makeup items, and simplified my skincare routine to three products, hoping this would absolve it. No luck. For over a month now, I have had this breakout linger, not getting any better, regardless of what I did. I received my sample about two weeks ago, but I was finishing up a Mahalo Rare Indigo Balm sample I had, so I didn't begin using salvation right away. I sure wish I would have because within the last 5 or so days of using salvation regularly in the evening and a few mornings, I have noticed numerous things - 1. my breakout finally did something - it got worse BUT 2. everything that had been lingering began to come to the surface and release 3. healing time has noticeably quickened 4. my skin is glowing, moisturized, & my usual redness reduced 5. my pretty massive breakout which has been present for so long is finally beginning to shrink in size and it literally makes me cry happy tears. 6. I'm almost out of my sample and I am currently collecting my life savings to purchase this stuff. {LOL, jk but really it's that good y'all} So needless to say, this precious sweet yet sultry, floral with a hint of coffee scented balm with a matte finish won over my heart. 

  • 3. Beurre Céleste Honey Oil Cleanser + Mask {$56} - this stuff was a huge close second to the salvation balm. It's an incredible light gold colored cleanser with the texture of a light balm. This product serves double duty as both a cleanser + a mask, or an individual cleanser or mask. I loved using this product as a cleanser after I removed my makeup. I would take a small amount and work it into my skin as I would a cleanser, but then I would allow it to set for 30-45 minutes and gently wipe it off with a warm microfiber cloth like a traditional mask. My skin absolutely loved this product as well. This product left my skin so moisturized, soft, and immediately glowing. Inflammation seemed reduced and my skin felt decongested. This product has an incredibly beautiful scent: soft, sweet, a hint of citrus with a bit of an earthy scent. Absolutely the most relaxing scent of the bunch I sampled. For acne healing/reduction the salvation balm took the cake, but this product was such a close second due to the overall benefits my skin exhibited after use. A full-size is somewhere in my future. 

As you have concluded through this post, I absolutely fell in love with this brand and these beautiful products. I have ordered samples of the zen physic spot treatment and the clear resolution balancing facial oil from Aurora Beauty, so I'll update this post after I've tried those as well. I was so blown away by the performance of these products, and the results I've seen in such a short time from the salvation balm gave me such joy. If any of you have tried any moss products, please let me know in the comments below. I'd love to hear about your experiences. Once again, you can purchase samples directly from moss here {3 for $20, with a 15% off coupon sent to you for your next purchase}, or you can sample some of the moss products from Aurora Beauty {5 for $15 and code "OBJOURNEY15" will save you at checkout} I hope you all enjoyed this post & until next time! 


Stay beautiful. 
xoxo, Holly 


5 comments :

  1. Artificial products is not good for out skin so i need to avoid those and need to use any natural product to my skin.
    organic skin care products review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Medicals take pride in understanding that each customer has an amazing contribution with us. Our fundamental goal is to offer to buy skin care products for best customer organization experience available. We pass on more than 10,000 things from a wide show of lines to offer customers the best choices for their prosperity. We are continually working with our transportation associates to enhance rates so they can be passed onto the customers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to use always natural product to my skin. I suggest you when you will take care your skin you must need to use natural products.
    organic skin care products review

    ReplyDelete
  4. but I have used sulfur products to spot treat acne in the past and do find them to be quite effective on my skin. dermaplaning nyc price

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink