Sunday, February 21, 2016

Buff Her Review

Buff Her (house of exfoliation) is a brand that makes really unique facial scrubs from natural ingredients and organic fruits & veggies. They have scrubs for all skin types and they address a wide variety of skin issues as well, such as dry, flaky skin or acne-prone skin! You can visit their page here to view all products recommended for your specific skin type.



This company supports an incredible charity as well, so when you purchase from them you can rest assured it's giving back to a greater cause. For each bottle of food scrub purchased, the company donates $1 to the Children's Hunger Fund, which is a non-profit corporation that provides food to children across America and throughout the world. Every bottle sold provides up to four meals for these children. How awesome is that? The lovely owners of this company contacted me and asked if I would be interested in sampling their products. I said yes, of course, and they sent me not sample sizes, but a personalised mini kit of four products I chose from their line. Each product in the mini kit house around 50 applications, while their full-size bottles provide 200+ applications. Visit here to build and purchase your mini kit, code "mini" currently saves you 20% {$25}

First impressions of the brand - their packaging was absolutely adorable and it showcased their slogan:
"Want super smooth skin...FEED IT." 

Second impressions - their products smell AH-MAZING. I literally want to eat the oatmeal blueberry cookie scrub {pictured on the left above} every time I use it. I also chose the milk and honey scrub, the strawberry parfait scrub, and their strawberry lemon crumbles {pictured above on the right}.

Review Time:

The unique thing about the facial scrubs {products 1-3} is that you mix equal parts of the exfoliating powder with your daily cleanser, allowing your cleanser to instantly transform into an exfoliator as well. I use the scrubs in combination with my Aleavia prebiotic cleanser and it has worked really well!
  • 1. Oatmeal Blueberry Cookie scrub {$35}- this product is recommended for sensitive skin types, and its ingredients include, Organic Avena Sativa (Colloidal Oat Flour), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Powder, Organic Vaccinium Myrtillus (Blueberry) Fruit. 
    • + This product has very quickly become my go-to for exfoliation. It is so gentle, yet effective and can be used daily, which says a lot with my sensitive skin type. 
    • + It's gentle enough it could be used to exfoliate AM before makeup application & PM. 
    • + Don't let the gentle word fool you, this product exfoliates the skin so, so well. My skin is left feeling baby soft and my serums/oils/etc soak into my skin so much more effectively. 
    • + ZERO redness or irritation after exfoliation {first ever}
    • + I reach for this over my Acure brightening facial scrub I've mentioned before because I can use this daily, the Acure is a harsher exfoliation and irritates my skin so I limit that to 2x per week use. 
    • + I've used it at least 3-4x per week for 3 weeks and the jar still looks full. It'll last awhile! 

  • 2. Milk & Honey scrub {$35}- this one is recommended for dry/sensitive skin types and it also helps with acne. Ingredients: Whole Dry (Milk) Powder, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Powder, (Honey) Maltodextrin, Honey Powder
    • + Exactly the same review as the above product! I didn't notice much of a moisturizing effect, but I think this or the blubbery scrub are perfect for dry skin due to their gentle exfoliation. 
    • + I actually gifted this to a fellow green beauty friend to try {I had to share the love!}

  • 3. Strawberry Parfait scrub {$35} - this scrub is recommended for combination skin types and made of three simple ingredients: oryza sativa (rice) powder, yogurt powder, & organic fragaria virginaia (strawberry) fruit
    • + This scrub smells SO good, like a sweet, yummy strawberry dessert. 
    • + Recommended for combination skin types, and my skin is more normal to dry right now {thanks Winter} but this will be perfect during the humid summer months. 
    • + Once again, I was so impressed with these scrubs, they are so finely milled the exfoliate much more gently than most products, and they provide nutrients to your skin during exfoliation. 
    • + It left my winter skin feeling a bit dry, but my boyfriend has true combo to oily skin, and he loved it. He used it the first time and came out of the bathroom exclaiming "Feel my face!!" LOL. boys. 

  • 4. Strawberry Lemon Crumbles foaming facial exfoliator {$25}- this product is recommended for all skin types and is made up of quite a few more ingredients than the others {see link for details}
    • - I was not blown away by this product. From the title, I thought this product would foam when used but it didn't you simply dampen your face and hands, take a small amount of product and exfoliate. 
    • - For me, this product was very rough on my skin and my skin was rather red and irritated after use. 
    • - I would say it was definitely more harsh than the Acure exfoliator {which is a perfect medium for me} and for that reason this wasn't a winner. 
    • + My boyfriend's skin is far from sensitive so he's been using it and loving it. If you have sensitive or even slightly sensitive skin, reach for the scrubs over the crumbles! 

Overall, I really love this brand and it's such a beautiful addition that the company gives back to the community and helps children who suffer from hunger. I absolutely adore brands that you can feel good about purchasing from. As you've read above, for me, I much preferred the facial scrubs over the crumbles due to my skin type. The scrubs are my new favorite method of exfoliation and the only product I've been reaching for the past two weeks is the oatmeal blueberry cookie scrub! I can't get enough. I highly recommend trying their mini kit. The product sizes are incredible and will last an extremely long time and since you get four, you can always gift one or two!


Stay beautiful. 
xoxo, Holly 

3 comments :

  1. Thanks for your review! I ordered the create-your-own mini kit and cannot wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this really amazing and nice post,
    Skin layer Treatment

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink