Friday, January 1, 2016

Green Beauty Skincare Favorites


Hello again, everyone! I hope you're all having a wonderful New Year's Day; my day has been a relaxing {after I got my AM workout in}, no makeup, watch football while publishing a new green beauty blog kind of day. 

Today will be short and sweet - I want to introduce you to three of my favorite green skincare products {I find it ironic they're color coordinated & green, of course}. I have tried many, many organic and natural skincare products including those from brands like Aubrey Organics, Alba Botanics, Acure, Origins, Burts Bees, Aleavia, Juice Beauty, and more. I also have experimented with the oil cleansing method, which is just as it sounds: cleansing with a mixture of organic oils such as argan, carrot seed, jojoba, hemp seed, grape seed, etc. I will write a blog soon in which I talk about my experience with this method, if it helped or harmed my skin, and I'll discuss the cleansing oil "recipe" I used. If you want to read more about this method in the meantime, check out Mommypotamous' blog here. Okay, now time to shine the light on the three beauties above. 


  • 1. Acure brightening facial scrub - ($10) find it here or at your local target! 
    • + Okay, so if you've ever read any other beauty blog or watched any green beauties on YouTube, I'm sure you've heard mention of this product and for good reason. It's incredible, and the price point is amazing. 
    • + Ingredients are fair trade, vegan, and free of gluten, parabens, fragrance, silicone, & phthalates! 
    • + For all skin types: exfoliates, detoxifies, purifies, and brightens skin tone. 
    • + I have very, very sensitive skin, and while my face does show redness after use, this product is still very effective and does not overly irritate it. I immediately notice a difference in the feel and appearance of my skin. 
    • + The product helps to even out skin texture and it gives the skin a nice glow; for me, results are always more noticeable the next morning. 
    • + I use this scrub 2-3 times a week in the evening after cleansing, and I follow with my toner {mixture of 1/2 cup water & 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar} and lather on organic argan oil as my overnight moisturizer.  
  • 2. Juice Beauty green apple peel sensitive - ($39) buy it here + sign up for their email & receive 15% off! 
    • + I've had this product for a little over a week, and in that short of a time, it has become an immediate favorite. 
    • + I got the product after I heard Laura's review {from Laura's Natural Life YouTube channel, check her out}. It's expensive but a little goes a long way! 
    • + Made with organic ingredients & "formulated without parabens, petroleum, propylene or butylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfates, pesticides, phthalates, artificial dyes or synthetic fragrances." Products are never tested on animals. 
    • + For sensitive skin ladies/gents, but they do have a stronger peel for those who don't have sensitive skin
    • + The FIRST peel I've ever used that did not turn my face beet red after removal. It leaves my skin glowing, extremely soft, and it has helped with blemishes and texture after just three uses! 
    • I've been using this twice a week in the evening after cleansing on 2 of the days I don't use the Acure scrub, and follow with the same routine! 
  • 3. Aleavia neutralizing prebiotic facial cleanser - ($20) purchase here + use the amazing Organic Bunny's  code "organicbunny" to save 20%
    • + I cannot say enough about this cleanser. I mentioned it in one of my previous blogs, Simple Everyday Makeup, and I am so glad I came across this product on the Organic Bunny's page! 
    • + The product is made up of very simple {& few} ingredients that are 100% natural, non-toxic, and free of GMOs, artificial fragrances & dyes, and it contains no animal byproducts. 
    • + This cleanser has been a blessing for my sensitive skin, and it can be used on all skin types. I have always had an issue with my skin feeling dry after using a cleanser, but with Aleavia, my skin feels moisturized, extremely soft, and incredibly clean. 
    • + It only takes about a dime-sized amount to clean your entire face {it also removes any makeup}, so the 8 oz. bottle will last quite a long time. 
    • + I have noticed a significant decrease in redness, occasional blemishes, and hormonal acne on my chin since regularly cleansing with this product. If you're searching for a new daily cleanser, look no further. 
    • I use this cleanser AM & PM in conjunction with my Foreo luna mini! I always follow with toner, argan oil, and my 100% pure moisturizer and eye cream in the AM, & toner and argan oil in the PM! 
Until next time! 

Stay beautiful. 
xoxo, Holly 

2 comments :

  1. These all fit together so well, being green and all! I have heard so many great things about the Andalou scrub, that it is so gentle and effective. I haven't tried but I do use an oat scrub for my skin which I love! I was thinking of trying the Green Apple peel, though it contains some ingredients I avoid, but it seems to be a holy grail for so many! Have you tried anything from Andalou Naturals? I love their Pumpkin Glycolic Mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, so convenient right? and I have no tried anything from Andalou, but I'll definitely check them out, thank you!! I love the green apple peel, and juice beauty uses such good quality ingredients. Like I said it's kind of pricey for a mask, but I absolutely love it! I do love pumpkin too, though! I used to use a conventional pumpkin mask {before going green} I don't even remember the brand now. An oat scrub sounds lovely as well, I tried a DYI sugar scrub in the past, but it was a little too harsh for me. Do you have a go to recipe for the oat scrub?

      Delete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink