Monday, December 21, 2015

100% Pure Products


One of the first natural makeup brands I stumbled across during my research was 100% pure. I was searching for organic beauty blogs, and one (unfortunately I can't remember who's blog) mentioned the 100% pure organic coffee bean eye cream. She gave it raving reviews, so I knew I had to check it out, and I discovered the brand also carried a huge line of cosmetics! I placed my first order late October, so I've been using the products for nearly two months now, and I have to say I'm impressed. So impressed that I purchased a few Christmas gifts from them for my mom to try! The company is based in California, and they guarantee that all of their products are "100% free of artificial colors, fragrances, synthetic chemical preservatives, and all other toxins" and are also 100% natural (meaning it contains at least 70% of organic ingredients) and completely cruelty free. Their website clearly labels all ingredients of each and every product.


The products above from left to right are the fruit pigmented lip and cheek tint (pink grapefruit glow), the long lasting concealer (white peach), the fruit pigmented healthy foundation (white peach), and the esteemed organic coffee bean caffeine eye cream. As you can see, they come in super cute packaging of recycled cardboard that you pop apart to reveal your products! Here are my opinions of these products: 

  • Fruit pigmented lip & cheek tint ($25): 
    • I love that this product is versatile, and its color is quite opaque so a little goes a long way and it lasts well throughout the day. It also smells great!! It is a small stick that you can apply directly to the skin, or place on your fingertips first. In terms of blending, the product does blend pretty well when blended with the fingertips or a beauty blender. I tried to blend using a blush brush and I'm not sure if the product is too creamy or what, but my brush didn't work nearly as well. As far as cost, in my opinion, this is very overpriced. I happened to purchase this during a special and got it for $10. (subscribe to their email list to receive a heads up on deals like this one) https://www.100percentpure.com/collections/cheek-makeup/products/pink-grapefruit-glow-lip-cheek-tint
  • Long lasting concealer ($25 $20 currently): 
    • I have to admit, I had a feeling it would be hard to replace my full-coverage conventional concealer, and I was right. The packaging is great, with a small mirror in the compact. It provides good coverage for the under-eye area, but after a few hours, I find that my mascara (regardless of brand used) has smudged due to the concealer's creamy consistency. I've tried setting it with powder, which helped some, but smudging still occurs throughout the day, leading to touch-ups. In addition, if you're looking for a concealer to cover blemishes with, I wouldn't recommend this one. The coverage isn't high enough for covering of acne blemishes (my issue, especially around my lady time). https://www.100percentpure.com/collections/face-makeup/products/long-lasting-concealer-with-super-fruits-white-peach
  • Fruit pigmented healthy skin foundation ($42): 
    • Ok, I really like this foundation. It's a liquid foundation, but it has more of a creamy consistency. I find that, for me, it's best applied with a damp beauty blender because I prefer a dewy finish, but I've also applied it with a foundation brush and that did just as well with stippling motions. The foundation is a medium to full coverage. The coverage can be built and set with powder in order to achieve a full coverage look. One thing I love about it is that I never feel like I'm wearing makeup. It also lasts really well throughout the day. I did use a coupon with my initial order so I did not pay full price, but I definitely will in the future if there isn't a promotion going on. (there are usually coupons or promotions either on the site directly or on retailmenot.com) https://www.100percentpure.com/collections/face-makeup/products/healthy-skin-foundation-white-peach
  • Organic coffee bean caffeine eye cream ($25): 
    • It's a mouthful to say, but I LOVE this product. It smells absolutely amazing, and it works just as well. I use this every morning, and it reminds me of the equivalent of a shot of espresso for the under eye area (my coffee obsession may be showing). I've noticed overall reduction of fine lines around my eyes, and my skin appears smoother, and it decreases puffiness as well. I cannot attest to discoloration because I don't get dark circles, but it has definitely helped with overall appearance of the skin around my eyes so I recommend this to everyone I know. I even wrote a review on 100% pure's site, and I rarely write reviews, actually that may have been the first review I've ever written. $25 might seem steep for an eye cream, but I've used mine every morning for two months now and I still have half a tube or more and the ingredients are incredible. https://www.100percentpure.com/collections/eye-cream/products/organic-coffee-bean-caffeine-eye-cream-1oz
Repurchase? Yes, to the foundation and eye cream! No, to the concealer and lip/cheek tint. 

Let me know if you've tried any products from 100% pure, I'd love to hear what you think, or if you have any suggestions.

Stay beautiful. 
xoxo, Holly

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink